Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What would you do to Mesker?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What would you do to Mesker?

Post  MKern41598 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:18 pm

I agree with Ben 100% this happened to Dave Greenwell 2 times in the Pumpkin shootout. Also if people want change so much at Mesker why don't we think about putting hole 8A and 14A in the ground permanently. That would give us two more holes to Mesker and during tournaments we wouldn't have to worry about getting the baskets in place. Just a thought if we want change but not to much.
MKern41598
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what would you do to mesker

Post  john short on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm not against this,its a very good point an I see how it would make the flow of people going hole to hole better in tourneys.i was just saying you don't have to cross 5 when people are teeing off,big ben is right easy change to make mesker more tourney friendly Razz Razz Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
john short
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyG35132 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

I enjoy taking the "local" route playing 4-7-5-6-8 during casual rounds, but think about it from the short tees. The walk from 7 basket to 5A tee and 6 basket to 8A tee is way longer if you mix up the holes.

I can't understand why everyone is so fixated on Mesker when we have a new course so close on the horizon. Why can't we put more focus on the new course? Rather than Nick doing EVERYTHING to get this course in the ground, let's delegate some work out to willing club members.

i.e. Who wants to take charge of running a fund raising tournament for the course?

Who wants to plan and promote the spring fund raising disc golf sale?

Who knows of possible businesses to recruit for hole sponsors?
Question: John Short, have you personally contacted Nick about your possible 3 or 4 hole sponsors? Or has Nick contacted you? Whatever the procedure is to secure a hole sponsor let's make sure this is happening!!!!!!

Who is willing to help present the requested funds to the Parks Foundation?

It seems like we are beating a dead horse with Mesker right now. Whether we vote for or against alt pins who is going to fund them?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Wouldn't it make sense to focus all of our resources on the State Hospital right now??????????????????????
cheers
TommyG35132
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrian Bilson on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Woah Tommy don't talk about horses being dead on here it goes against my morals. Also my mommy said I'm not aloud to talk to guys who over use questin marks!
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyG35132 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks for taking me seriously, BW.
TommyG35132
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrian Bilson on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 pm

TommyG35132 wrote:I enjoy taking the "local" route playing 4-7-5-6-8 during casual rounds, but think about it from the short tees. The walk from 7 basket to 5A tee and 6 basket to 8A tee is way longer if you mix up the holes.

I can't understand why everyone is so fixated on Mesker when we have a new course so close on the horizon. Why can't we put more focus on the new course? Rather than Nick doing EVERYTHING to get this course in the ground, let's delegate some work out to willing club members.

i.e. Who wants to take charge of running a fund raising tournament for the course?

Who wants to plan and promote the spring fund raising disc golf sale?

Who knows of possible businesses to recruit for hole sponsors?
Question: John Short, have you personally contacted Nick about your possible 3 or 4 hole sponsors? Or has Nick contacted you? Whatever the procedure is to secure a hole sponsor let's make sure this is happening!!!!!!

Who is willing to help present the requested funds to the Parks Foundation?

It seems like we are beating a dead horse with Mesker right now. Whether we vote for or against alt pins who is going to fund them?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Wouldn't it make sense to focus all of our resources on the State Hospital right now??????????????????????
cheers

I agree with everything you said.
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john short on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 pm

yes I have been in touch with nick and talked with him,so far I'm on hold seeing if the park is going to fund this or what.i just need forms to get it done I wish I could get them a.s.a.p that way even if they do pay for the state hosp. We can have them for scales lake I say we get both in the ground this summer.my hole sponsors are 100 percent I just need proof what the money is going to,and will they get signs saying they sponsored the hole Question Question Question that's all that's holding me up plus I'm going to pay for a hole myself Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil that's 3,250 bucks I can get for a new course. We need to get it while we can that's alot of money Shocked Shocked
john short
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyG35132 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 pm

We need to get documentation from the Parks Department that we can show to these businesses.

Nick, are we 100% approved pending funding for the course? If we are then I can contact Dan about providing documentation to our hole sponsors.
TommyG35132
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JobWilson82 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Brian Wilson wrote:Woah Tommy don't talk about horses being dead on here it goes against my morals. Also my mommy said I'm not aloud to talk to guys who over use questin marks!

Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john short on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:25 pm

lmfao. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz love it job

Last edited by john short on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)
john short
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

First of all the Mesker layout will not be changed, & will not be voted on. There are many things that went into the design of the current course, it was redesigned & tweaked many times. The first reason is the parks dept. did not want us walking by the shelter area when people are renting it out on the way to hole 8. Second, like Tommy said the walks to the short tees on 5 & 8 would be longer & you would cross fairways. Third the walk from current 6 to 8 would be longer, still up hill, & even harder to navigate. Feel free to play the course however you want, but the official layout will not be changed.

There will be plenty to do & to delegate on a new course when the time comes. Tommy I love the ideas & enthusiasm but right now we are just waiting, there is no reason to do all that fundraising before we know if the Foundation is going to pay for it. Everything has already been presented to the Foundation, & I am following up with them. I'm working on hole sponsorship form & will have them available once we find out what the Foundation can do. The forms & sponsorship base will be different for the State Hospital & Scales Lake, since Scales is located in Booneville, & since we are a Evansville based club the first priority is the State Hospital. So like I said keep some business's in mind for hole sponsorship, for when we get to that point. As I've said before please do not contact the Parks Dept., we don't want to do anything to jepordize this course going in the ground, we have a good relationship & I will get that info when we need it. I know everyone is excited to work on a new course but it is not going to happen overnight, & we must be patient.
Fest
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrian Bilson on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:12 am

Dear Job, (or fellow horse haters)
The horse is a sacred animal. As you can clearly see its origin dates back to a really long time ago. In fact, the horse helped invent the Frisbee. Horses were Steady Ed's favorite animal. You have severely offended me, I fear that we can never be friends again.
Horses are cool, and Job you are a fool.
elephant
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CZuber on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 am

Fest wrote:First of all the Mesker layout will not be changed, & will not be voted on. There are many things that went into the design of the current course, it was redesigned & tweaked many times. The first reason is the parks dept. did not want us walking by the shelter area when people are renting it out on the way to hole 8. Second, like Tommy said the walks to the short tees on 5 & 8 would be longer & you would cross fairways. Third the walk from current 6 to 8 would be longer, still up hill, & even harder to navigate. Feel free to play the course however you want, but the official layout will not be changed.

There will be plenty to do & to delegate on a new course when the time comes. Tommy I love the ideas & enthusiasm but right now we are just waiting, there is no reason to do all that fundraising before we know if the Foundation is going to pay for it. Everything has already been presented to the Foundation, & I am following up with them. I'm working on hole sponsorship form & will have them available once we find out what the Foundation can do. The forms & sponsorship base will be different for the State Hospital & Scales Lake, since Scales is located in Booneville, & since we are a Evansville based club the first priority is the State Hospital. So like I said keep some business's in mind for hole sponsorship, for when we get to that point. As I've said before please do not contact the Parks Dept., we don't want to do anything to jepordize this course going in the ground, we have a good relationship & I will get that info when we need it. I know everyone is excited to work on a new course but it is not going to happen overnight, & we must be patient.
Amen! Thread Closed
CZuber
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: