Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pumpkin Shootout Thank You's.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pumpkin Shootout Thank You's.

Post  parbuster54 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Pumpkin Shootout 2012

The 8th Annual Pumpkin Shootout is complete. We did it. We went to two courses and increased to 146 players and still put on an outstanding event. Congratulations Ace Eagles.

It couldnít have been done without a great Ace Eagle team effort. I would like to thank all of you that stepped up and helped with all of the jobs. I do want to recognize a few that went all out to make this happen. It really kicked off with Ben Verkamp volunteering to take on the main roll of Tournament Director. He worked his butt off to produce a quality event plus he had to deal with me worrying about budgets. Quincy Zikmund and David Rudibaugh pulled together and got our new web site up and going so we could take all on line entries through our club. John Barabe and his crew took care of all of the food for the glow round and the Shootout. Curt Fest provided all of the drinks and helped out when ever something needed done. Marie Verkamp was amazing during the awards. She organized the payouts and made sure we stayed on track. Dave Richter opened his home to 60 plus crazy people carving pumpkins. My wife for shoveling mulch, picking up trash and brush, hauling things to different courses, helping wherever she was needed, and checking scores so I could play. Mike Weidner for getting our shirts again this year. They looked great. Jerry Butts gave great guidance and pulled down several sponsors as usual. Nick Fest was always ready to give advice and help when it was needed. One of our newest members, Riley Winders helped on work days, put out pumpkins, helped on players packs, watched the bounty pumpkin all day Sunday and then helped pick up brooms and signs after the tournament was complete. Job Wilson and Tommy Bronson jumped in and ran the flex doubles and glow round. Their creativity on these events helped make this tournament extra special. These next two guys were amazing. They were so faithful to this club. It didnít matter what was needed they were there for it. No one worked harder throughout the year than Rick Mitchell and Charlie Aubrey. I couldnít have survived this year with out them. Thanks guys.

Jack Rudibaugh

parbuster54
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top