» Camp Reveal Work Days
Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am by AceEagle1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My wife birdied #17 at G. Washington in Indy Sat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My wife birdied #17 at G. Washington in Indy Sat.

Post  parbuster54 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm

This is the hardest hole on the course. We were playing with a local guy and his girl friend. He said even their best players seldom birdie this hole. I threw it into the top of the trees and ended up with a 5. Sherry Threw it over the first set of trees and found a small landing area between these trees and a creek with another row of trees. The hole is past the second row of trees and around a corner to the left tucked into a small opening. As I was complaining to the local guy about how stupid this lack of fairway was and it was a near impossible hole to play well Sherry hits her second shot from 140'. Through the trees then around the corner and drops in. Amazing. We had a great day. We played the three courses in Bloomington before lunch. We ran into Woody there. He was playing in a tournament. We played before they got started. We then went to Indy and played Brookside (very bad area. Would not go there again alone.) Next was G. Washington. A little better in the safety department. Not much. Both were ok courses but don't come close to Mesker. We ended up at the Northwest course before we left to come home. We were worn out but had a great day.

parbuster54
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My wife birdied #17 at G. Washington in Indy Sat.

Post  TerryPennell on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Sounds like a exciting shot. Who needs the local pros to show you how to birdie a hard hole...

If I forget,is Crestmont the most exciting/fun in Bloomington area? I know there is a farm(name ?)course up there. Wife and I have friends that live in Brown County up there(lucky sob's),we plan on visiting in a couple weeks.
TerryPennell
Ace Eagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Crestmont

Post  parbuster54 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 pm

It is the only 18 hole course left in Bloomington. It is a tight wooded course. Short but a lot of fun throws. You have to thread the needle on several holes. We liked it. The other two are pretty much just out in the open. The Karst Farm course is only 9 holes now. The back nine was taken out due to an arguement between the Farm and the city.

parbuster54
Addicted to Disc Golf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fest on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 am

Nice birdie Sherry! Yeah Washington & Brookside are fun courses but probably the worst section of town I've ever played in. Jack is right on with the description of Crestmont, Karst use to be a really great medium to long course, but since they lost the land they have squeezed 9 holes onto what used to be about 5 holes. Karst & the church course are still fun to try & get some aces at though.
Fest
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top